Wesak & Goodwill
The importance of Safeguarding the Wesak energies is an outward manifestation of the fact that the Wesak is a present time cosmological event, and not one simply commemorating a past spiritual happening that was historical, as are most observed holy days.
The extraordinary power of the Shamballa force, the energy of the Will-to-Good, was unleashed in three major impacts during the last century, supplying our planet with an energy source enabling humanity to express the will-to-good in our affairs in a new and wholly constructive way. The most recent of these recognized Shamballa impacts occurred in 2000. (The previous impacts came during World War II and in 1975.)
Now at this year's spring festival interlude and its climax at the Wesak Festival full moon, the Will-to-Good that has been stimulated within humanity will determine the quality of impression registered in human minds. The supreme opportunity for impression occurs in the spring festival cycle and climaxes at the Wesak.
All people of spiritual aspiration who meditate and make their minds available to the inpouring energies can contribute to the building of a channel for impression on the mental plane, through which the energies directed by the Hierarchy towards humanity can pour. To form part of this channel requires minds that are disciplined and available, free of the diversions of the lower mind, the emotions and the material concerns of outer life.
To assist us in creating this channel we suggest for the entire week prior to both the Wesak and the Goodwill full moons:
Link up with all disciples, aspirants and people of Goodwill throughout the world. Eliminate from our consciousness all negativity, clearly aligning ourselves with the Forces of Light.
In meditation, invoke the Forces of Light. Endeavor to forget all of our own personal difficulties or issues. We must learn to carry forward our work for humanity in spite of our personality stresses, strains, fixations and limitations.
Be aware the full moon Festivals cover a special period of of five days ... the two days preceding, the day of the full moon, and the two following days. Remember, at this time more than any other through meditation and the direction of energy, those of goodwill can cooperate more effectively with the Spiritual Hierarchy in the evolution of consciousness on our planet.
For two days prior to the full moon, we prepare ourselves by holding an attitude of dedication and service and upward spiritual striving. We seek to become receptive to that which our soul will impart ... that which will make us of use to the Spiritual Hierarchy.
The day of the full moon itself is known as the Day of Safeguarding. We simply regard ourselves as recipients of, or custodians of, as much of that spiritual force as we can possibly hold. We attempt to hold ourselves steadily in the light. We will not formulate what will happen, nor will we look for results or tangible effects. We will maintain an inner peace. Two thoughts only will hold our constant attention ~ the need of humanity, and the necessity of providing a group channel whereby the spiritual forces can be poured through body of humanity under the expert guidance of the Hierarchy.
The two days following the full moon are called the "days of distribution." On these two succeeding days, the focus of our attention will be steadily turned away from ourselves and from the inner subjective planes to the outer world. Our efforts will be to pass on, or to pass through, that measure of spiritual energy that may have been contacted.
As a group we recognize and work with the Divine Purpose. The individual initate works with the Plan ~ the Plan has Purpose, and we as individuals play our parts.
The group is responsive to the "Bright Center Shamballa" where initates alone, in their own essential identity, cannot so respond. The individual must be protected by the group from the terrific potencies emanating from Shamballa. These energies are stepped down for the individual initate by the process of distribution as the Christ accepts the Buddha's Blessing on behalf of Humanity. This stepped down process of distribution is one of the major functions of group work.
We absorb, circulate and then distribute energy.
We strengthen the channel of Light, now.
We awaken an interest in the Spirit of Love and Goodwill.
Festival of Goodwill
Our Safeguarding of the Wesak energies assists in bringing through the greatest inflowing at the time of the Gemini full moon, when the Will-to-Good is let loose upon humanity.
At the Gemini~Goodwill Festival, the three planetary festivals crescendo in revelation, producing seven great results.
1. Power will be given to the disciples of the world and the initiates among humanity, so that they can direct efficiently and wisely the process of rebuilding.
2. The Will to Love will stimulate people of goodwill everywhere, gradually overcoming hatred. The inner urge in humanity to live together cooperatively already exists, and is subject to stimulation.
3. The Will to Action will lead intelligent people throughout the world to begin those activities which will lay the foundation for a new, better and happier world.
4. The Will to Cooperate will steadily increase. People will desire and demand right human relationships as a natural way of life.
5. The Will to Know and to think correctly and creatively will become an outstanding characteristic of all humanity. Knowledge is the first step towards wisdom.
6. The Will to Persist will become a human characteristica sublimation of the basic instinct of self-preservation. This will lead to a persistent belief in the ideals presented by the world workers, and a true demonstration of immortality.
7. The Will to Organize will further a building process which will be carried forward under the inspiration of the world workers. The medium will be the potency of the will-to-good of this New Group of World Servers and the responsive goodwill of all people.
- adapted from Alice A. Bailey's Externalisation of the Hierarchy, p. 440441
Top section is culled
from Alice A. Bailey's teachings, specific reference to booklet
Goodwill Festival Global Meditation